Saturday, April 4, 2009

Make-Up Days

Day 31
Found these two just staring out the window, daydreaming.



Day 32
Wet rat Gus.


Day 33
Tanner's Science Project.


Day 34
I hate ants! Never had this kind before, though. The upstairs bathroom all of a sudden was attacked by carpenter ants. I came in one day to find them everywhere. They had made a hole in the ceiling, and were sawing away happily. This pic was after I sprayed them with windex. Since then we've had a great exterminator come in and now the only time I see an ant, it's dead or dying. Yay!


Day 35
Off to school, with a backpack that weighs the same as he does. That night I helped him go through it to see what all he had in there, I found tons of graded papers that he'd never shown me, and at least 6 books that he's reading or has read. I'm so proud that he loves to read. He should just haul around one at a time.


Day 36
My Tax Return Splurge
Natalie, you're going to hate me. I got a dyson! It's awesome. It really does clean so much better. And the navigation with that ball, it feels like a sports car, vrroom! I can use it on the hard floors, too, just push a button to turn off the brush. My only complaint, and it makes me sad to say, the quick-draw telescoping wand. It is quick-draw, that part is nice. But it's stiff, and part of it isn't hose, it's solid, so it's sometimes difficult to use. My last vacuum, a plain jane, I could easily vac the stairs with it. With the dyson, the stairs are a pain! Everything else is great, though, so if I just bribe Tanner into vac the stairs for me, all is good! :)

No comments: