Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 11, Tanner Under the Weather

Tanner is never sick. We can all get the worst colds/infections/viruses, and he stays healthy and strong, every time. Except this time. The very day I took Max to the dr, and he tested positive for the flu, Tanner came home feeling bad. When Tan and Cam first got home, I told them, at the first sign that you think you might be getting sick, tell me and we'll take you in to get a jump on it if it's the flu. They said ok. I asked Tanner how his day was, he said fine, I'm just tired. That didn't raise a flag, but it should've. Two hours later, I came downstairs and found him asleep on the couch, under a blanket. All things you never find Tanner doing. He's always hot, never cold; and barely sleeps at night, let alone nap. That's when I knew. I called the dr, so he could call in a prescription for tamiflu. I took him in the next morning to be seen, and he tested positive for Influenza type A. The weird part, Max had Influenza type B. That means they didn't share this with each other, and they got it from different sources. Also means I had two different flu bugs in my house, not just one! Eeek! Even still, Tanner and Max were the only ones to get sick. (so far.)

A rare sight. Taken with my phone, so the quality is poor.

1 comment:

The Morris Family said...

Poor kids:( Sanitize everything!!