Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice Day!

No school for two days in a row! That never happens! Like Natalie, I always thought Texas was a warm state. In the summer, we fry, it's so freaking hot. The winters are mostly mild, be we do get a wicked cold front now and then. Sadly, snow is rare, what we get instead are ice storms. We get sleet, and something called freezing rain. It actually rains frozen raindrops, it's the weirdest thing. I'd never seen it before moving to Tx. It coats everything in ice, making it look like a crystal wonderland. It's pretty, but it's dangerous. At noon they reported 600 accidents just in Ft.Worth. We get yo-yo weather in the winter. One day will be 80, two days later the high is 38. Then two days later it's warm again. It makes everyone sick, it has caused our trees to start blooming out already, and frankly it messes with my head! I'll do a load of laundry on a day it's raining ice, and it's a load of shorts. It's just not right.

Ivan was home with us today, it was great! He did work on his computer most of the day, but he's at least physically here.

The boys and I went out early before everything started to melt and had a good ole time. Sliding, discovering, breaking icicles. (Only Tan and Cam, not little Max, though, he's running a fever. :( Says his "throat tastes yucky." Here we go....)

It's hard to see the ice on the branches in all my pictures, I wish I could capture the awe-inspiring beauty I see in person.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I'm sorry if I sent the yuck your way...my throat tastes yucky. I love the pic of the sunday best...many a time we have not been able to find the white shirt. Shucks. Take care.